Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Dinner Gone Wrong

     Christmas morning gift wraps and ribbons are tossed aside and people cry for joy when they finds  that they got exactly what they wanted. The aroma of freshly baked cookies and other baked goods fill your nose as you awake. This is the picture of a perfect Christmas, but it was anything but that for my family.
     The day starts off okay and everyone is having a great time, but when it is near dinner time we begin to panic. My sister opens the freezer to find that there is no turkey. I decided to go look for it, but it seemed to be nowhere. Suddenly the peace in our house was broken and it seemed nothing would go right. When you have people come from different states just to have dinner you would at least like to know where it is. As time passes the places I look become more and more peculiar. I checked the pantry, my cabana, and the basement, but the turkey was nowhere to be found. My brother tried to make jokes to lighten the mood, but no one was falling for it.
     It was 6:00 and by now everyone had given up hope and already made up their minds to celebrate Christmas in their rooms, but my sister and I were determined to find this turkey. It even came to the point where we thought it just got up and left. We checked the receipt at least four times thinking that maybe we didn't buy a turkey, but my sister assured me that we did. Could this turkey be a figment of our imagination? At this point I was willing to believe anything just as long as it explains how we can lose an entire turkey.
     Just when we were ready to give up I came up with one final place to check. I went to the cabinet where we store plastic bags and there it was. How could someone forget to unpack a turkey? Well that question was saves for later because right now it had to be cooked.
     Stories about burning a Christmas dinner are very common, but nothing compares to losing a Christmas dinner.The dinner may have started late, but at least it started and this is definitely one Christmas that no one will ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment